Are you a true news junkie, always hungry for the latest? Do you want to gain job experience in a newsroom environment? Do you write, speak, and think in English as your native language? And have you recently graduated from University, but have not yet found a job?
Here is your chance to work in a media with a strong international focus.
The University Post – the English-language news media at the University of Copenhagen – offers university news, galleries and features. We also organise drives, events and other happenings for international students, scientists and employees.
As our journalist / newsroom assistant you will:
• research, write and record your own news pieces
• develop ideas for stories and journalistic concepts
• plan and execute editorial meetings
• assist in coaching and giving feedback to our student reporters
For the term of your position your specific task will be to:
• promote and organise our new soon-to-be-launched calendar function and debate section
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for someone who:
• writes and thinks in English
• is quick off the mark in putting a news story together
• is extroverted and always networking
• is brimming with ideas!
The position is under the Danish salary subsidy scheme (‘Løntilskud’, see below) and runs from 1 september 2012 to the start of 2013 – with the opportunity of an extension.
As an employee under the ’løntilskud’ scheme under a public employer (University Post, University of Copenhagen), you will receive a salary that corresponds to the individual unemployment benefit rate. The term of the position can last up to one year. It presupposes that you are presently unemployed and in the Danish unemployment benefit system.
Contact your local job centre for more information about your opportunities.
Deadline: Monday, 13 August 2012.
This information is about the journalist / newsroom 'løntilskud' position, if you are interested in joining our group of freelance reporters, see the information here.