The chemical spill from a pharmaceutical company’s tank has been taken care of by the Copenhagen police and fire brigade. So reports the Danish news media Politiken.dk.
At 6 o’clock in the morning Tuesday 26 June a tank filled with 4.000 litres of boiling nitric acid created toxic fumes over Amager, especially in the area near Kløvermarken. The poisonous yellow gas that has forced authorities to keep residents indoors all morning has now dispersed.
»Now it is just the area around the pharmaceutical company, that is still off limits for the public,« says police spokesman, James Keiwe, to Ritzau, reported by Politiken.dk.
Stay in the know about news and events happening in Copenhagen by signing up for the University Post’s weekly newsletter here.